One of the most popular spirits in Britain, Gin is an age old favourite tipple. From the classic Gin and Tonic, to the sweetly shaken Singapore Sling, this juniper derived spirit is rarely missed from drinks menus. To celebrate this glorious drink, we have decided to share our favourite Gin based cocktails, which we hope you enjoy!
50ml Cucumber Gin
50ml Apple Juice
20ml Lime Juice
20ml Sugar Syrup
1 Mint Leaf
1 Slice Cucumber
- Add Gin, Apple Juice, Lime Juice to ice-filled shaker
- Add Sugar Syrup. To make this add sugar to boiling water, allowing it to dissolve and leave to cool down
- Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with Mint and cucumber.
20ml Dry Vermouth
1 Piece Lemon Peel
- Add the Gin and Vermouth to an ice-filled shaker and stir. Contrary to the requests of Mr Bond, shaking this cocktail will make your drink cloudy and so we suggest stirring.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with Olive and Lemon Twist
Raspberry Tom Collins
A handful of Raspberries
25ml Lemon Juice
10ml Sugar Syrup
- Stir raspberries in the bottom of your shaker and add ice
- Mix in Gin, Lemon juice and Sugar Syrup. (Use same method for Syrup as found in English Garden Recipe)
- Shake until cold and strain into iced tumbler
- Fill to the top with soda water and garnish with a raspberry
Article written by Smart Hospitality, experts in Hospitality Marketing