The Smart Marketing & Media Group Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we look after your personal information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. Below we detail the information we collect concerning you and how that information is used.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Laws, the data controller is The Smart Marketing & Media Group Limited of 138 Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6AP, ENGLAND, a company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 05069286).
Our services may include (without limitation) supply of products, social media and/or interactive applications, audio visual content, text, photographs, forums, advertising and other product sales which we may offer on our website or media platforms which, for example, may enable you to view our content over a mobile or Wi-Fi network (the “Services”). This policy covers all of the Services and any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of our Services. This policy applies to the collection and use of your information by us and parties that we authorise (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you depending upon the services used by you:
- Your name, address, postcode, email address, telephone number and service details (if applicable);
- Information about your use of our Services including details of your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, the content you viewed on our Services, how long you stayed and on which pages, and your navigation around the Services;
- Information about your order history and communications with us
- Location data from your IP address or by accessing global positioning functionality on your device (e.g. GPS);
- Other data from time to time to help us provide you with improved products and services;
We (or our authorised third parties) may collect information about you:
- When you purchase products on our website or when you otherwise update your details;
- When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- When you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- When you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point.
- When you fill in forms on our websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 5 years.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To provide you with product and services requested;
- To process payments from you to us (where applicable) on our behalf;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To process a job/volunteer application;
- Held for employment purposes
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- To third parties working on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers , couriers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes;
- As part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
We will only send you marketing messages where you indicate that you consent (i.e. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we may:
- Send you information by email about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- Send you information by email about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- Pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email about products or services that may be of interest to you.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’, ‘stop’ or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in “Contact Details” below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Smart Marketing & Media Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of Personal Information
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Non-sensitive details (your email address, etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How You Can Update and Access Information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account with us that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update some of your details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to update your details then please contact us (see “Contact details” section below). You should please make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with all relevant changes.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org